Keeping Backyard Chickens From Coops To Feeding To Care And More
- Fruit Growing
- Composting Made Easy
- Worm Farming
- Growing Giant Pumpkins
- Raised Bed Gardening
- Container Gardening
- Square Foot Gardening
- Canning & Preserving at Home
- Growing Herbs - A Beginners Guide To Growing, Using, Harvesting and Storing Herbs
- How To Grow Potatoes
- Growing Garlic
- Keeping Chickens
- Greenhouse Gardening
- Companion Planting Secrets
- Cooking with Zucchini
- Indoor Gardening for Beginners
- Growing Chilies
- Growing Lavender - Growing, Using, Cooking and Healing with Lavender
- Hydroponic Gardening
"Keeping Chickens For Beginners" is a great book for anyone wanting to keep their own chickens at home, whether for eggs, meat or even exhibiting.
Keeping chickens can seem very overwhelming at first and this book provides you with a clear step-by-step guide, walking you through everything from selecting the right breed for your needs to looking after your chickens to breeding them and more.
As you read this book, you’ll learn everything you need to know to successfully keep chickens and enjoy fresh eggs every day. Whether you have bought chickens already or are considering it, this book is for you; detailing every you need to know from choosing the right coop, the right food and creating the best conditions for healthy chickens. Anyone can keep chickens at home, and this book provides you with a shortcut to being an expert keeper!
In "Keeping Chickens For Beginners" you will discover:
- Choosing a Coop - get the right coop and run, the main expenses in chicken keeping, to keep your chickens healthy and safe
- Choosing a Breed - learn exactly what to look for in a breed, as well as the pros and cons of the different breeds, including the best egg layers and meat chickens
- Feeding and Watering - discover the best foods for your chickens and what you should never feed them
- Caring for Chickens - it's a big commitment, so learn everything you need to know to care for your hens from routine jobs to protecting them to seasonal jobs and more
- Cleaning the Coop - a vital job that has to be done properly so you will learn the best way to clean the coop to kill pests and prevent infection
- Pests, Disease and Predators - find out the risks to your chickens and exactly what you can do to minimize these dangers
- Raising Chickens for Meat - not for everyone, but you will find out exactly how to raise a chicken for the table, including killing, plucking and butchering the bird
- Breeding Chickens - how to successfully breed chickens to add to your flock, to sell or for the table
- Hatching Eggs - everything you need to know to choose eggs to hatch and incubate them successfully
- Caring for Baby Chicks - learn how to take care of baby chicks, what they need and when to move them outside
- Holidaying - find out how to go away on holiday and ensure your chickens are well cared for whilst you are away
- Exhibiting Chickens - discover the best breeds to exhibit and exactly what is required for a show winning chicken
- Making Money With Chickens - some tips on generating an income from your chickens
Keeping chickens is incredibly rewarding and once you have had fresh eggs you won't ever want to return to bland, tasteless supermarket eggs. Although there is an initial outlay, chickens are relatively low maintenance and do not cost much once they are settled. You too can enjoy daily fresh eggs and even meat from your chickens.
Enjoy your adventure into chicken keeping, it is good fun and something anyone can do, even with a small backyard. Discover today how this book will teach you everything you need to know to successfully keep chickens at home and enjoy the benefits of these backyard birds.