A Complete Guide to Canning, Preserving and Storing Your Produce
- Fruit Growing
- Composting Made Easy
- Worm Farming
- Growing Giant Pumpkins
- Raised Bed Gardening
- Container Gardening
- Square Foot Gardening
- Canning & Preserving at Home
- Growing Herbs
- How To Grow Potatoes
- Growing Garlic
- Keeping Chickens
- Greenhouse Gardening
- Companion Planting Secrets
- Cooking with Zucchini
- Indoor Gardening for Beginners
- Berry Gardening
- Growing Chilies
- Growing Lavender
- Growing Brassicas
- Environmentally Friendly Gardening
- Hydroponic Gardening
- Save Our Bees
“Canning & Preserving at Home – A Complete Guide to Canning, Preserving and Storing Your Produce” is for anyone who wants to know how to store their own fresh produce for long term use. Whether you want to make jam, pickles, soups or chutneys or freeze or can fresh fruits and vegetables you will find everything you need to know in this book.
Canning and preserving can feel like a bit of a minefield. Many people think of homesteaders and older folk canning away in their kitchen, but increasingly younger people and urban gardeners are interested in preserving the produce they have grown or even making their own healthy preserves from fresh fruit and vegetables bought from the supermarket.
This book guides you through the complete process of preserving fresh produce from start to finish. You will learn everything for methods such as freezing, canning, dehydrating, pickling, jamming, making fruit leathers and cordials and more. This complete guide turns you into an expert preserver!
In “Canning & Preserving at Home” you will discover all of this, plus plenty of recipes and ideas for the kitchen:
- Methods for storing fresh fruits and vegetables correctly to maximize their shelf life
- How to freeze fruits and vegetables and how to double their storage life
- Canning fruits and vegetables
- Drying fruits and vegetables both using a dehydrator and your oven
- Pickling a wide variety of fruits and vegetables
- Making delicious jams and jellies including how to make it set and more
- Making your own chutneys – delicious with meat and cheese
- Preserving vegetables by making delicious, filling home-made soups
- Fruit leathers, cheeses, butters and curds – delicious and slightly unusual methods of preserving a wide variety of fruits
- Ketchups & sauces – superb methods of preserving fresh produce
- Cordials & syrups – save a taste of summer for the winter months with these great preserving ideas
Preserving fresh produce is something anyone can do, you’ll be surprised how easy it is as you follow the step-by-step instructions in this book. It allows you to preserve in-season or freshly picked produce and to keep using it for several months and often up to a year afterward. It’s a great way to make the most of what you have grown or the fruit trees in your garden.
Enjoy your adventure into preserving fruits and vegetables as “Canning & Preserving at Home – A Complete Guide to Canning, Preserving and Storing Your Produce” explains all about these exciting techniques. Discover today how you can preserve fresh fruits and vegetables at home to enjoy them throughout the year.