The Complete Guide to Berry Gardening from Boysenberries to Gooseberries and More
- Fruit Growing
- Composting Made Easy
- Worm Farming
- Growing Giant Pumpkins
- Raised Bed Gardening
- Container Gardening
- Square Foot Gardening
- Canning & Preserving at Home
- Growing Herbs
- How To Grow Potatoes
- Growing Garlic
- Keeping Chickens
- Greenhouse Gardening
- Companion Planting Secrets
- Cooking with Zucchini
- Indoor Gardening for Beginners
- Berry Gardening
- Growing Chilies
- Growing Lavender
- Growing Brassicas
- Environmentally Friendly Gardening
- Hydroponic Gardening
- Save Our Bees
"Berry Gardening - The Complete Guide" is your in-depth guide to growing berries at home. Whether you are growing more common berries like strawberries or raspberries, or the more unusual like honeyberries or wineberries, this book tells you everything you need to know to start successfully growing berries at home.
There are lots of different types of berries and we see just a few of them in the stores. There are many more that you could grow, many of which are delicious and beneficial to you! Expensive berries such as goji berries can easily be grown at home almost anywhere in the world. Rare to find berries such as gooseberries grow well in your garden and produce a delicious crop that everyone must try, particularly the delightfully sweet purple gooseberries.
This book introduces you to many different types of berry, some of which you may be familiar with and some which may be new to you. Best of all, you discover the many different varieties of each berry, which are often far tastier than anything you can buy in the stores.
As you read this book, you will learn everything you need to know about growing berries at home from choosing plants to what conditions they need to thrive. You learn how to look after all the different types of plants from watering to feeding to soil and sun requirements, plus how to prune them so they keep producing lots of fruit every year. This in-depth book details everything you need to know to successfully grow berries.
As you read "Berry Gardening - The Complete Guide", you will discover:
- What berry plants require to grow and produce fruit
- All about the soil and how to make sure it is ideal for your plants
- How to ensure your plants are pollinated and how to encourage beneficial insects into your garden
- Pruning requirements and methods for the various berry plants
- Propagation techniques for each berry plant so you can get more plants for free
- How to harvest and store each type of berry for best results
- Detailed growing guides for 24 different types of berry
- Step-by-step guide to making jams, jellies and preserves with your berries including diabetic friendly methods
- Lots of delicious and unusual recipes for your berry harvest
And, of course, much, much more.
This book is designed to give you all the information you need to start growing your own berries. It is something anyone can do, whether you have a full sized garden or a balcony with space for a few pots. You will be surprised on what you can grow in limited space.
You can start growing your favorite berries and enjoying delicious berries from your garden. Home grown berries taste amazing when compared to store bought berries, and they are easier to grow than you may think! In fact, you will be surprised just how big a harvest you can get, even from a small space. From bilberries to wineberries and everything in between, there is a berry plant for everyone in this book.