Your Guide to Growing Cruciferous Vegetables from Cabbage to Kale and Everything In Between
- Fruit Growing
- Composting Made Easy
- Worm Farming
- Growing Giant Pumpkins
- Raised Bed Gardening
- Container Gardening
- Square Foot Gardening
- Canning & Preserving at Home
- Growing Herbs
- How To Grow Potatoes
- Growing Garlic
- Keeping Chickens
- Greenhouse Gardening
- Companion Planting Secrets
- Cooking with Courgettes
- Indoor Gardening for Beginners
- Berry Gardening
- An Introduction to Smallholdings
- Growing Chilies
- Growing Lavender
- Growing Brassicas
- Environmentally Friendly Gardening
- A Gardener's Guide To Weeds
- Hydroponic Gardening
- Save Our Bees
"Growing Brassicas" is an in-depth guide showing you exactly how to grow a wide variety of brassica or cruciferous vegetables at home. Whether you want to grow the common broccoli or cauliflower or the more unusual romanesco or the superfood maca.
There are a lot of vegetables in the brassica family and they have some surprising health benefits for you, plus they are really tasty! The real benefit of these vegetables for the home gardener, is that many of these are cool season plants, ideal for temperate climates and for growing over winter. They make an excellent crop to plant after the summer harvest.
This book introduces you to some of the most popular and some of the more unusual members of the brassica family. You will learn exactly how to grow each one from the ideal soil conditions through to the pests and problems facing each plant. You may be familiar with some of the vegetables in this book, but you are going to discover a few that are well worth growing ... ever grown purple or orange cauliflower?
As you read this book, you will learn everything you need to know about growing brassicas, from choosing the best varieties to grow in your area to the conditions your plants need to produce a bountiful harvest. You learn how to look after each plant, their food and watering needs plus where to position them for best results in your garden. This is an in-depth guide teaches you everything you need to know about this incredible family of vegetables.
As you read "Growing Brassicas", you will discover:
- What are the members of the brassica family
- What types of plant will grow where you live
- The soil, food and water requirements for the brassicas
- Common pests and diseases that affect brassicas and how to prevent them, including club root and wind rock
- The health benefits of brassica vegetables, including broccoli, which deserves a special mention
- Cooking with brassicas - lots of recipes for all the different vegetables
- Detailed growing guides for 24 different types of brassica
And, of course, much, much more.
This book is designed to give you all the information you need to start growing brassicas at home. It is something anyone can do, whether you have a full sized garden or a balcony with space for a few pots. You will be surprised on what you can grow in limited space.
You can start growing delicious brassicas at home now. These are wonderful vegetables that have plenty of health benefits and taste delicious. This step-by-step guide teaches you everything you need. Whether you want to grow turnips, mizuna or the fiery hot wasabi, you will find the information you need in this book.